"Another Testament"?

by Tom Wacaster
  
They were very well dressed, and when they knocked on my door they asked if they could tell me of “another testament” that Jesus gave to men. Their offer puzzled me, since I did not recall any mention of “another testament” promised by either Jesus or the apostles. In fact, my Bible clearly teaches that the “faith” that was delivered to that first century church through the hands of the apostles was “once for all delivered to the saints” (Jude 3). A little study helped me to understand that Jude actually told us that “the faith” (the Gospel) was “once and for all delivered to the saints.” In like manner Peter has told us that God’s “divine power hath granted unto us all things that pertain to life and godliness” (2 Pet. 1:3). Jesus told the twelve apostles that the Holy Spirit would guide them into all the truth (John 16:13). Why, then, would we need “another testament” such as that offered by these two “elders” now standing at my door? The answer is simple. We DON’T need “another testament.” In fact, if any man, or even an angel, were to “preach unto you any gospel other than that which we [the apostles, TW] preached unto you, let him be anathema” (Gal. 1:8). If their “other testament” contains MORE than my New Testament, it contains too much. If it contains any LESS than my New Testament, it contains too little. If it contains EXACTLY what my New Testament contains, then why would I need it? Beware friends. It may be “another testament” they bring, but it is NOT the testament of Jesus Christ!